XG – Human Trafficking Statement
If you are a victim of a severe form of trafficking in persons or sex trafficking, you may request XG Consultants Group to block adverse items of information on your consumer report if they resulted from trafficking.
Please see below for steps on how to submit a request:
1) Write a letter stating that you are a victim of human trafficking
2) Identify the adverse items of information that resulted from trafficking that should not appear on your consumer report
3) Include a photocopy of a proof of identity
4) Provide a photocopy of trafficking victim determination documentation (select one or more from the following list):
- Issued by a Federal, State, or Tribal governmental entity
- Issued by a non-governmental organization or a human trafficking task force, including victim service providers affiliated with the organization or task force, authorized by a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity to make such a determination
- Issued by a court or accepted as a piece of evidence filed in court
- A self-attestation by the consumer who identifies as a victim of trafficking if such statement or an accompanying document is signed or certified by a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity, a court, or an authorized representative of these entities
5) Specify your preferred method for XG Consultants Group to contact you (electronic or postal) and provide your email address or postal address
6) Send your letter with enclosures to:
XG Consultants Group
300 First Stamford Place
Stamford, CT 06902
Please be sure to include details on what specific information you are seeking to block. You will also be asked to verify your identity.
- For requirements and a sample letter victims can use to send their request for blocking, please visit: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/im-a-victim-of-trafficking-how-can-i-block-items-from-my-credit-report-that-are-the-result-of-trafficking-en-2127/
- The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act: Fair Credit Reporting Act | Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov).